Thursday, September 28, 2006

Time - The ultimate healer of all troubles in the universe!!!

After my 12th board exams, I was totally messed up unsure of the path I should choose. Basically, my decision making skills were (and still are) pathetically poor. And that lead to a period of complete unrest in my life, even can say of my whole family. Finally, trusting my parents, grand parents and after consulting a few others, I decided to give it a go and come to NUS, Singapore. I wouldn’t say it was compulsion that drove me here, but rather like I followed their guidelines.

I took the plane, wondering what I was up to and what my future beheld. I was matriculated still in the same chaotic state. Though the air and atmosphere of NUS was well up to my expectations or maybe even beyond them, I was in sheer indecision. I waited patiently for the future to unfold.

I expected to be messed up initially and was hoping for some miracle to happen to relieve me from my troubles.As the saying goes ‘Life is not a bed of roses’. Nothing I was hoping for happened. I was bewildered unsure of what I should do to make things better, all the while wondering what was the purpose I came here.

It’s been one and a half years since I came here and still I am not sure if my questions were answered. I still don’t know if my decision was right. But, I can assure one thing for sure…Time is the best healer to any problem that exists…As seconds ticked by, I got accustomed to my problems and tried to find different solutions for them. Instead of worrying that the problem has arrived, thinking about how to solve them proved to be a million times better. And whether it got solved at the end is a completely different issue. What is more important is that it made me feel confident…Being able to solve or rather trying to tackle one’s problems all by oneself is by itself like a gulp of fresh air in a salty ocean.

It is time that taught me how to look on the brighter side of the life. Though, still I am not very clear of what I am doing here, I have learnt a lot of new things like how to face my problems without quitting, being optimistic, being independent and so on. After all, life’s all about learning new things.

3 comments:

Archun said...

yeah! I feel pretty much the same way as you do! Its great to know that you're learning and enjoying life here. Problems will always come along - but like you beautifully put it, trying to solve them is a million times better than worrying about them!
And if you hadn't come to nus, I wouldn't have met ya!!! hehe...
Nice one.

Raji said...

Yeahhhhhhh!!!!!!!! 3 cheers to NUS!!!!

mathy said...

Superb one depicting the various difficulties most of us face in the dawn of our college lives and the lives away from parents(said to be 'independent') in the most impressive way possible, i guess!! it was all that i have in my mind abt my decision too dear...

And certainly the confidence we gain in those circumstances is all that we need for, at that moment!!

It was awesome...