Sunday, September 24, 2006

My humble first attempt....

I have been badly wanting to blog for a long while, but have never been confident to come up with a write-up so far. Because of a good friend’s encouragement and also on being motivated on reading the blogs of a few more bloggers, here I am attempting to write, on a considerably bored day which I have already wasted like hell despite my mom’s strict advice of ‘enough of enjoyment and get back to serious work’. I choose to write rather than watch another movie. (Wah! Already saw four movies in two days!!! That would have been record men! Way to go Raji on being so time-conscious and making wonderful use of mid-semester break![;)])

Actually I am bugged to death in the vacation though its just begun and besides the fact that I have meetings, projects and loads of other stuff to do like read, write, memorize, watch (not movies la…webcast) I am not even thinking of touching my book and finding reasons to postpone the stuff. Usually when I feel this way, I would threaten myself imagining the impending results or I would tell myself “Raji, You are supposed to be responsible girl. Come on, you can do it”. And that’s been enough to pull myself together. But to my great displeasure none of it is working out right now. I am trying to analyze my behavior and find the plausible reasons logically, how as an “ENGINEER” [:)], I am supposed to do. The only reason I can come out with was the fact (to my horror) that I am becoming over-confident. No, I am not becoming over-confident. I have been over-confident throughout my entire life. Arrey! That makes my heart sink! However it is true…Truth is always bitter to face! So, I need something to kindle a fire in me and burn the barrier that’s stopping me. (At least temporarily)

Now that I have found my problem, what should I do to solve it? (Thinking sensibly, duh! Ahem, a proof that am budding to be a proper “Engineer”). (And did you notice my stress on the word engineer every time I use it? That’s basically because becoming an engineer had never been my dream, though I am thoroughly enjoying the experience right now.) Pour everything out in a paper and get a good night’s sleep and wake up fresh tomorrow to face whatever comes next. No, I am sure this is not going to work now. (Because that’s what I experimented last night and ended up watching two more movies. (I am proud of me at times. [:] )). So, where’s the solution please! How am I going to inspire and motivate myself??? I know that I am in a do or die situation, yet ….. So, I sit back, close my eyes, relax and think about it!!) I could envisage my father, mother, brother and the whole of my family smiling in front of me. (Something weird here!)

Then the truth struck me hard!

Oh my god! What have I been doing!!! Trying to break the hopes of my entire family was I??? A bitter juice climbed up my throat slowly….Emotions engulfed my heart…I reflected again and here it is….

My Dad_
He is the best dad in the entire world! (I guess it’s the same for every female child because I strongly believe the fact that “biologically” girlies are supposed to be attached to their dad and guys towards their mom. And yeah I agree there will be a lot of exceptions (Don’t come storming at me!)) Anyway, so what’s ‘it’ that my dad has that makes him so special. Though words are not enough to describe him, I have tried my level best.
He is what he is. Whenever I am stressed (which is like almost every day) he offers a ready shoulder to lean on and give comfort. He is always ready with tons and gallons of advices which are all super sensible. He understands me perfectly well and offers right solutions at right instances and never gets tired of me crying or boring him with my problems. He can easily break a silent uncomfortable air by his witty humorous remarks.
Whatever he does has a beautiful meaning behind it, if you observe keenly.
Ohhhhhh…..I can write pages and pages about him. But to end shortly, he is a perfect son, perfect father, perfect friend, and perfect human being as a whole. This is what every human aspires to be in one’s life and I am so proud that he has achieved that goal. I simply love him very much.

My mom_
She is the most caring, the most perfect mom and wife in the entire universe. She is very dedicated, committed spiritual and understanding. She strives to be perfect in whatever she does and succeeds most of the time. She has been a persistent, encouraging, warm breeze in my life and I am sure will continue to be one. She is an awesome cook (Though I have never admitted that in front of her.) A woman is the like strong glue who binds a family together and it’s up to her to make the home as joyful as possible. In that aspect none can compete with my mom. And she is an excellent example of how a homely, married woman should lead a successful and pleasant life following all the customs and traditions in a perfect manner. I try to follow her principles most of the times. And simply, she is THE BEST.

My parents lead their life in such a way that they stand out as role-models to us (me and my brother). (At least for me right now. My brother will understand when he is older.) Their whole world revolves around us. They have done everything to make us happy and I hope I will do the same to them and try to be a good if not a perfect daughter.

I am who I am today only because of my parents and other family members. I am so proud of them. At least for them I should be dedicated in whatever I do. I can. I will. I must. I should. I can.

Whenever I skip doing my duty, thinking of them should be my inspiring energy chocolate.

I started writing the blog in a light mood and now have ended up really emotional with teary blurred eyes and heavy heart. Besides, this attempt has made me discover a part of my feelings. Kudos to myself and everyone who love their parents...

Pardon my amateur play with words. As the saying goes " Practise makes perfect"...So maybe I will mature with time. ..Anywayz people please leave me ur honest comments...because only with that i would have an idea of how to improve...Thanks a lot...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi I really like this blog ,